This is our last week of Clubhouse Kids after school program, before we take a break for the summer.
Instead, especially since I’m a math guy, I’ll just share some numbers of what’s been happening over the past few months:
- nearly 150 hours of reading,
- more than 250 hours of homework assistance,
- more than 250 hours of exercise and physical activity by children (to say nothing of us adults!)
- dozens of arts and crafts creations (all credit to my wife)
- 180 volunteer hours (which is worth far more than the calculated $4152.60)
- 520 snacks served to children, virtually all of which were donated
- $2500 donated to send kids to summer camps
This doesn’t quantify the new relationships that formed, especially between kids from the neighborhood and outside the neighborhood (since they don’t go to school together).
And it doesn’t include the spiritual and emotional investment our team has made in the hearts of these children. As one mom told me:
“They come home talking about all kinds of stuff about the Bible that you guys are teaching them.”
To our volunteers, families, and donors, we give a big . . .
You are making an invaluable and eternal difference.