From John, the one whom Jesus loved:
“Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God; and everyone who loves is born of God and knows God. The one who does not love does not know God, for God is love. By this the love of God was manifested in us, that God has sent His only begotten Son into the world so that we might live through Him. In this is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins.
Beloved, if God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. No one has seen God at any time; if we love one another, God abides in us, and His love is perfected in us.” (I John 4:7-12)
It couldn’t be more clear. But just in case . . .
- God loves you (proven by Him sending Jesus to die for you).
- Therefore, you should love others.
- If you don’t love others (in practice), God doesn’t abide in you.
Care to share your thoughts?
- A Day of Love
- Crazy Love: Your Best Life
- James 1: Grace, Truth, Action
- What the Psalms Say About Helping the Poor and Oppressed
**image courtesy of vancity197 via everystockphoto